Arkhn only collects the information we need to make a decision about your application, including information about your professional background, professional and personal skills, references or motivation. We will not ask you unnecessary questions in order to accumulate information. If you are not recruited at the end of this process, we will provide you with feedback and would like to keep in touch. Arkhn will keep a copy of your application so that we can keep you in mind for any future recruitment opportunities. If you would prefer for us not to keep your details on file, please let us know and we will ensure that your request is met.
Arkhn is responsible for collecting your personal data as part of your job application, as a data controller under the GDPR. If you are applying for a job in one of our new countries, we may share this responsibility with one of our local entities.Arkhn's legal contact details are as follows: Arkhn SAS 14 rue Charles V - 75004 Paris Siren: 853 32 201 R.C.S. Paris
The personal data we collect when we consider you for a job with Arkhn allows us to assess your profile for the position in question.This includes the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact information (telephone, email, address
- Your professional background (curriculum vitae, education, skills, work experience, LinkedIn profile, details of references you have authorized us to contact, copy of your highest diploma, etc.).
- Your bank details (if we owe you travel expenses in accordance with our candidate travel policy, available on request)
- Any website showcasing your work (examples: Github, Twitter, Portfolio
- Copies of communications between you and Arkhn
- Our notes, comments and assessments following interviews with you or calls with your references
- Your salary expectations and availability
This information is either provided to us by you directly, or we collect it from other sources we consider to be professionally relevant to you, such as:
- Your public LinkedIn profile, your profile on other professional social networks, or sources publicly available, that we consider relevant to your professional online presence (such as your blogs, conference videos, university websites, etc.).
- Referrals, if you have been referred to us by an Arkhn employee or an external person known to Arkhn.
- References we check as part of the recruitment process
- Information we collect automatically:When you submit an application via our "We're hiring!" page, we collect technical information sent to us by the device you use to submit your application, such as your computer's IP address, device identifiers and how you accessed our website.
In accordance with the RGPD and French data protection laws, Arkhn collects and uses personal data only for reasons related to your application:
To process your application and assess your suitability for employment with Arkhn:
When you apply for a job with Arkhn, we collect the personal data detailed in the section above for each job for which you may be a relevant candidate.
On what legal basis?
To process your personal data, we rely on our "legitimate interest" in managing our recruitment process and in the processing of job applications .
What does "legitimate interest" mean in this context?
Article 6(f) of the GDPR gives the following definition: we may process people's personal data for a specific legitimate purpose, unless their interests, rights and freedoms override that purpose.
What do we do with your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process your application:
- to make informed decisions about your application and assess your suitability for the position or other positions available at the time you apply
- to coordinate and facilitate your application process
- to communicate with you about your application, the stage you are at in the application process, and the roles and events we think may be of interest to you
- to check that the information to which you give us access is correct and accurate, and to check your references
- To build our recruitment process and meet our obligations :
- to retain your file for future employment with Arkhn
- carry out data analysis and reporting to monitor, test and improve the effectiveness of our recruitment processes and tools
- in aggregated form, to create and submit reports on our recruitment practices, in accordance with applicable laws or regulations
How long do we keep your personal data?
Unless you request otherwise, we keep your personal data for 2 years after you have applied for a job or after we have identified you as a potential candidate.
How can I access or update my personal data?
Simply send a request to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
Your personal data may be communicated to Arkhn's employees and suppliers for the purposes described above. They will always be duly informed by Arkhn of the confidentiality of personal data communicated to them in this context, and we will always ensure that appropriate contractual measures are put in place to protect you.
In order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, we may be required to communicate personal information to administrative or judicial authorities upon request. Should this be the case, we will ensure that the authorities only have access to the data they strictly require.
Your personal data may also be transferred outside the European Union. When we transfer them to a country that does not have data protection laws equivalent to those of the European Union (such as the United States through some of our suppliers), we ensure that adequate contractual measures are in place and that the transfer complies with our obligations under the GDPR.
Persons who may have access to your personal data in connection with your application include:
1) Arkhn employees: Arkhn has a strong culture of distributed ownership and transparency, which means that our recruitment process is distributed among many different Arkhn employees. Your application will be shared with them transparently.
2) Our service providers: we work with other companies or contractors to provide services on our behalf or to help us with our recruitment process, including:
- Slack (messaging platform)
- GSuite (e-mail and documents)
- Notion (internal platform used in particular for recruitment)The service providers on this list may change from time to time.
The GDPR guarantees you several rights, which you can easily exercise by emailing Arkhn's Data Protection Officer (DPO) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right of access, rectification and deletion of your personal data: You can request access to your personal data or to correct or update outdated or inaccurate personal information we hold about you, but this should not affect your application if we have already filled the position or assessed your application on the basis of the information provided in the first place. We will also consider any request to exercise your right to data portability.
Right of withdrawal: if you wish to withdraw your application or if you do not wish Arkhn to use your personal data to consider you for possible future recruitment, please inform your contact at Arkhn or contact us at email@example.com.Please note that if you accept employment with Arkhn, your personal data will be retained on the basis of our employment contract, and this policy will no longer apply.